Maral roots are not frequently known because it is a rare plant which is only cultivated in some parts of the Russia and in Asia. The rareness and the methods of its cultivation also make the plant less popular among other regions. Maral root is only cultivated on the mountain slopes and it requires extreme care during its cultivation. Germination of maral root is completed in 2-3 weeks depending upon conditions. If the conditions are good for the growth then it gives the best yield but if the conditions are not favorable, like high temperature, then it can results in poor yield. This plant is cultivated because of a wide range of its health benefits. It is available both is fresh and dried powdered forms. Some would argue that it’s expensive, but keep in mind that Maral root is not so easy to find.
Scientists are researching on the importance of the maral grass because of its health benefits. The maral grass is mainly associated with muscle mass building. For that reason it is used by body builders and athletes. There is a wide range of active components in maral roots which are lignin, vitamins, organic acid, flavonoids and the tannins. The ecdysterone is also among these components and is considered as the main component here, as the most of the benefits related to health are associated with the ecdysterone.
There are following health benefits that are associated with the use of maral roots:
- The main benefit of maral roots is associated with body muscle mass production and strengthening. Maral roots regulate flow of blood towards muscles and increase protein synthesis in the body. In this way it helps in building muscles and gives strengths to them. It is also stated that in earlier days, the Russian soldiers used the maral roots to build up their muscles. It also boosts up the energy level of the body and prevents fatigue and tiredness.
- The maral roots are also supposed to be good for the sexual strength of males. This benefits is not only confined to human males but it happens with animals as well, since the name of the roots came from the maral deer. The maral deer consumes maral roots in mating season so that they can increase their sexual potency and as well as strengthens the body to fight with other males to defend their territory.
- Maral roots are also beneficial in preventing the ovarian cancer in the women.
- Maral roots improves the efficiency of blood cells to intake the oxygen, thus helps in improving the overall efficiency of the body. It also regulates the flow of blood towards body mass, brain and heart muscles. In this way by supplying blood to the brain, it improves the memory and helps in strengthening the brain. That process also helps in preventing mental fatigue.
- It is also helpful in preventing common cold and increasing resistance of the body.